Thursday, April 7, 2011

Should Price be the first or only factor in choosing a music program for your child?

I've been getting quite a few calls of late from parents wanting to know why my Kindermusik classes and or lessons are so much more expensive (not by much!) than the local Park and Rec programs. Directly in question was my "All Keyed Up" Piano Encounters weeklong camp for young children. The price at my studio for this program is $160.00 for 10 hours. The price for the compared Park and Rec program was $55 for 4 hours (or $137.50 for 10 hours).


My first reply is always, I really can't answer that question as I'm not affiliated with the Park and Rec and/or the people who hold the programs, but I can tell you what I DO know.


These programs are priced lower because they are usually town, state or government subsidized. I myself did a program for special needs years ago in an adjacent town, and they charged families very little. Yet i was still paid my going rate.


In my program, there is a limit of 8 children, it includes music, a CD, a percussion instrument to work on steady beat at home, as well as a true evaluation as to whether your child is ready for private lessons. I pride myself on being honest about a students readiness, as it isn't good to set a child up for failure and discouragement if they truly are not ready.


In my program, you know that your child is working with a licensed and certified educator and musician.


What makes Kindermusik different from other young child music classes? Developmentally appropriate activities and tasks. We make sure that each program is appropriate for YOUR child. Even in our Family Class I make sure to go up to each parent and tell them how to use the activity or instrument in the appropriate way for their childs level. Children from Birth to 7 years of age aren't the same, and should be taught in developmentally appropriate ways!


Also, it is a struggle in these economic times, and sometimes those Park and Rec programs look 'just as good' and definitely look cheaper. Are you sure that program is being taught by an educator and or musician?


Is your child there to 'just have a good time' or to learn? Kindermusik through all it's levels teaches language skills, social skills, cognitive reasoning skills AND note reading and writing. Payment plans ARE available, just ask.


Dollar for Dollar, Kindermusik is still a great value at Kindermusik with Sandie. You receive at home materials including a CD (sometimes 2!) books, instruments and the comfort in knowing that your educator is indeed an educator and a musician!


School year semesters are LESS than $19.00 a week. We offer sibling discounts (almost 50% in our summer programs!) and the reassurance that your child will be learning and growing musically and developmentally.


Sing with you soon!


Sandie


Please like Kindermusik with Sandie on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment